Damianos Sotheby’s International Realty specializes in selling waterfront property throughout the Bahamas. From condominiums on Paradise Island to quaint cottages on Harbour Island and breathtaking private islands. For families seeking Permanent Residency status in the Bahamas through the purchase of Bahamian real estate, our 32 sales agents are located in 10 offices throughout the country to ensure that your transaction and relocation experience is smooth and efficient.
The Bahamas has a streamlined process for granting Economic Permanent Residency (EPR) for individuals seeking to relocate permanently or invest in the Bahamas.
- Persons who purchase real estate of $750,000 or over can be considered for Permanent Residency in The Bahamas.
- Persons with Permanent Residence are for all intents and purposes are treated like Bahamians, except for the right to vote.
- Acceleration of the Permanent Residence application is available.
- Permanent Residence allows the holder to pass freely through Immigration. There are no limitations on the length of stay.
- Additional categories include “Annual Residence” which may be renewed each year, and the “Homeowner’s Resident Card” which does not confer permanent residency privileges but does permit the holder to move freely through Immigration at any port of entry.
U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) air Preclearance are conducted at the Nassau and Freeport Grand Bahama international airports. Through Preclearance, CBP Officers conduct immigration, customs, and agriculture inspections before you leave the Bahamas. No further processing is needed upon arrival in the United States. With no capital gains tax, no inheritance tax and no income taxes, The Bahamas offers an excellent and stable investment environment.