Buying a home is one of the largest investments an individual makes. Therefore it is important to have assistance from an agent who is knowledgeable in the local market. At Damianos Sotheby's International Realty, our agents are experts in every facet of the business: They have an in-depth knowledge of comparable values, construction costs and can assist with relocation and immigration logistics. For overseas persons residing in the tax neutral Bahamas there may be significant tax advantages. We can guide you to knowledgeable tax experts in Nassau.
Your search for the right home begins by developing a clear understanding of the home lifestyle you most desire. We understand that your idea of 'home' goes beyond the physical characteristics of a house and its offerings. 'Home' also reflects a certain style that you can call your own, an everyday lifestyle that a particular community offers. Lifestyle needs are as individual as people themselves. That's why Damianos Sotheby's International Realty represents the most diverse and desirable lifestyle communities throughout the Bahamas. We are specialists in gated communities, exclusive Country Club neighbourhoods, unique waterfront properties and island properties for everyone dreaming of a Place in the Sun.
Search Bahamas Properties
the buying process
- Be prepared. Begin your process by having an understanding of the type of home you want, including what features are important to you. Be sure to distinguish between "wants" and "needs."
- Choose the Agent that best suits you. Our sales agents have a variety of strengths and specialties. It is important to choose a professional that you feel comfortable with.
- Search our website for available properties and discuss your interest with your chosen agent.
- View properties with your agent. The Bahamas has an MLS system, so your chosen agent can show you any property throughout the Bahamas, regardless of the listing company.
- Upon finding a suitable property. Have your agent prepare a written offer that includes all term and contingencies, financing stipulations, and a closing date. The offer will be presented to the seller and most likely negotiations will take place.
- Have your agent recommend competent professionals such as bankers & lawyers.
- When negotiations are complete, your attorney and the sellers attorney will prepare a formal Sales Contract that details every aspect of the transaction from escrow terms to the closing date. A 10% deposit is required upon the signing of the Sales Contract.
- If you are financing the purchase, the lending institution will require an appraisal. Your real estate agent can co-ordinate this for you.
- Take a final walk-through of the property with your real estate agent prior to closing.
- When negotiations are complete, Damianos Sotheby's International Realty or the sellers' attorney will prepare a Sales Contract or Agreement for Sale which details all aspects of the transaction. A 10% deposit is required upon signing of the Sales Contract.